As part of a new-fangled viral marketing promotion with Hewlett Packard and marketing agency BuzzCorps, I will be giving away an HP laptop and lots of goodies along with 14 other college-oriented blogs. As you probably caught on from the name of this promotion, it is aimed at college students.
Each participating blog will get a week to run a contest on their site and select a winner. That means you'll have 15 chances to win a new system. Each blog will have their own contest rules and entry methods. I haven't decided what I'm going to do for mine but you'll find out October 8th, when my contest officially begins.
This all started about a month ago when I got an email from a marketing agency hired by HP. They said they noticed I used an HP printer (LaserJet 1012). Rather than quipping "because Apple hasn't made a printer since 1996", I decided to see what they were up to. I'm glad I could help out with this contest. I got to choose between the dv4t, dv5t and dv7t laptops to giveaway. I went with the more portable 14-inch dv4t.
Along with the dv4t laptop, there is a media docking station, 500GB portable hard drive, HP Photosmart C6380 all-in-one printer and messenger bag included for the winner.
Below are the participating blogs, so you can check out each one and enter in their contests as well.
- September 26th: Poorer Than You
- September 28th: Broke-Ass Student
- September 30th: Broke Grad Student
- October 2nd: Study Hacks - Demystifying College Success
- October 4th: Cooking for Engineers
- October 6th: College Being
- October 8th: Paul Stamatiou
- October 10th: DormDelicious
- October 12th: Student Bloggers
- October 14th: Jessica Mah Meets World
- October 16th: UNEASYsilence
- October 18th: Gomeler.com
- October 20th: CampusGrotto
- October 22nd: Hack College
- October 24th: The University Blog
If you're interested, you don't have to do anything yet. Just keep reading regularly as usual.
Disclosure: Participating in this contest means I am unable to say anything negative about HP.