I mentioned a while ago that one of my courses this semester was helping out as a web intern/media manager for Georgia Tech's Solar Decathlon. In a nutshell, the Solar Decathlon is a competition established by the Department of Energy to spread awareness about alternative sources of energy while engaging 20 teams from different universities to build energy-efficient and solar-powered homes.
Georgia Tech was selected as one of these teams and my role in the project is to evaluate and redesign Georgia Tech's Solar Decathlon website (which I did not create). Long story short, I'm trying to get feedback on the current site, so if you've got the time or feel like procrastinating please drop a comment answering the following questions.
Current Site (http://solar.gatech.edu)
- Is this site easy or hard to navigate? What is easy about it? What is hard?
- What is the most informative section of the current site? Least informative?
- Was the content on this site what you expected it to be? If not, list what content you expected.
- Is the content easy to comprehend and read?
- List any general comments/questions that you have about the current site.
- What information would you most like to know about the Solar Decathlon competition?
- What would you like to know about Georgia Tech's entry into the competition?
- What type of content would you like to see first?
- Would you rather have the basics or many details? (IE, how much content is too much?)
- Where do you usually look for a site's navigation panel? (Top, left, right, bottom, etc)
- What size screen resolution do you usually use?
- What browser do you usually use? Is your browser usually maximized to the entire screen?
- Does the current site load quickly and should the future site load similarly or faster?
- Give an example of a site that you find easy to use (optional).
Thanks for the help.