As I've been into the whole Nike+ thing recently, I have been trying to hunt down a great set of headphones that stay put. The standard Apple iPod earbuds are worthless when it comes to sports activities and fall out quite often for me. I have been using an old pair of Sony behind-the-neck headphones but they are slightly bulky for running and have a very long cable that I have to tie up.
I ran a little poll on Twitter; here are the results.
- Eston prefers Shure E2c earbuds.
- Graham likes in-ear earbuds in general.
- Eric recommends the Sennheiser street line of earbuds.
- Akshay says the Sennheiser CX300 earbuds offer a great value.
- Nicholas likes the Sony MDR-EX71 earbuds but thinks they need wrap-around ear support.
- Lance likes the Sony MDR-EX71SL/WK earbuds as well, adding:
They are inexpensive, light, stay in the ear well with three bud size options, have good bass, and have a duel length cord with the shorter version working great with a clip shuffle on the collar.
What headphones do you use for sports activities? One small pet peeve of mine with earbuds is the where the cord going to one earbud is longer than the other (many Sony earbuds have this); I'm not sure how that is a feature, it just ends up putting more weight on one side causing it to fall out easier. All of these suggestions were for earbuds; do you know of any sporty behind-the-neck headphones?